Sailing and learn English in Dublin
Our course “Sailing and learn English in Dublin” includes 15 hours of classes in the morning and four afternoons a week of sailing activities. There are also two trips per week.
The program is ideal for students who want to immerse themselves in the language by making new friends and improving their sports skills. Students participate in the General English course in the morning and attend the sailing lessons within a group of Irish boys and girls in the afternoon.
Host Family Accommodation
Suitable for Groups and Individuals
Trinity Examination Available
Full day excursions to Dublin
Course programme, Level Test and Teaching Method
Students generally attend classes in the morning which follow the same layout as a General English Course. There are 15 hours English classes per week held Monday to Friday and split into two 90 minute lessons per day. Class size is restricted to a maximum of 15 students and all levels are available from Elementary (A1) to Advanced (C1).
Two teachers, covering different prearranged areas of the syllabus, work alternately with each class. One teacher takes the first 90-minute session which focuses on language in use, vocabulary and grammar practice. After a short break, the second teacher starts the next 90-minute session which covers conversational practice, pronunciation, listening and speaking. This work share provides variety for the students and allows them to benefit from different personalities and teaching styles.All our teaching staff are university graduates and are qualified to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL).
Students will receive the English course materials and workbooks as part of the programme.
Certificate of Attendance
After completion of the English course, a Certificate of Attendance will be issued to each student. It certifies the progress that has been made and the level of English reached.
The marina where the courses take place is the perfect place to learn how to go sailing, because it remains protected and the water is not too deep – most kids and adults always touch the bottom. The afternoon lesson includes 3 hours of sailing aboard the topaz (two people on board), the 420 and the Omega (bigger and faster boats).
Courses cater for all levels, from beginners to advanced, and our instructors are fully qualified by Irish Sailing Association. Besides taking English and sailing lessons, students take part in cultural excursions on Fridays and Saturdays.
Host Family Host Families All our families are inspected and carefully selected by our accommodation officer, who maintains regular contact with each host family during a student’s stay. Living with a host family gives a perspective on Irish family life. The interaction with a host family plays a prominent role in developing language skills.
SAMPLE WEEKLY TIMETABLE*
|9.00 – 9.45||10.00 – 12.00||14.00 – 15.30||16.00 – 17.30||20.30 – 22.00|
|Sunday||Arrival, accommodation and meeting with other athletes and staff|
|Monday||English Classes||English Classes||Sports Training||Sports Training||Evening Activities|
|Tuesday||English Classes||English Classes||Sports Training||Sports Training||Evening Activities|
|Wednesday||English Classes||English Classes||Half day excursion||Evening Activities|
|Thursday||English Classes||English Classes||Sports Training||Sports Training||Evening Activities|
|Friday||English Classes||English Classes||Sports Training||Sports Training||Evening Activities|
|Saturday||Full day Excursion||Evening Activities|
*the program may be subject to change without prior notice
|JULY||Accommodation||2 WEEKS||3 WEEKS||4 WEEKS|
|Sailing and learn English in Dublin||Host Family||1690.00 Eu||2450.00 Eu||3160.00 Eu|
- Assessment Test
- 15 hours English classes per week (two 90 minutes lessons per day)
- Maximum of 15 students per class
- All Course Materials
- All levels available, from Elementary (A1) to Advanced (C1).
- Two teachers working alternately with each class
- Certificate of Attendance and Completion
- All our teaching staff are university graduates and qualified to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL)
- More than 10 hours a week of sailing lessons and interrelated activities, including educational lessons, coaching, individual skills exercises, development of mental strength, intelligence and Abilities
- General and specific nutritional talks
- 1 half-day excursion per week
- 1 full day excursion per week
- 3 evening activities per week, such as treasure hunt, karaoke, irish night, disco
ACCOMMODATION and SUPERVISION
- Host Family Accommodation with selected families on full board basis
- Located in one of Dublin’s quietest residential areas
- Supervised access to computer and Internet facilities
- All rooms twin and students share with a different nationality
- 24/7 emergency phone
- Airport transfer to family / College and vice versa
- Subscription to public transport service
- All that is not included in “the price includes”
- On request, preparation for the Trinity exam which includes additional lessons
- On request, preparation for the TIE exam
ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS
- Extra day with host family: 35,00 Eu
- Individual Student Arrival and Departure airport transfers: 75,00 Eu per person each way (reductions available for groups)
- Weekly ticket for the private school bus (evening activities included): 30,00 Eu per week
- Bus&Dart pass: 2 weeks 70,00 Eu, 3 weeks 94,00 Eu, 4 weeks 119,00 Eu
- Bus&Luas pass: 2 weeks 70,00 Eu, 3 weeks 94,00 Eu, 4 weeks 119,00 Eu